We have finished our year of recipes! Here is a look back at the last three months of recipes:
Easy Chocolate Fudge
Easy Chocolate Fudge
And here are links to the rest of the recipes:
First Three Months
Second Three Months
Third Three Months
We tried a total of 120 new recipes in the past year. It was fun to get to try so many new things and find recipes that we both enjoyed. I'm sure we will continue to be adventurous in our cooking and eating. I think the biggest difficulty I had during this project was trying to find recipes. Of course, sometimes I had things marked or saved, but there were days when I needed a certain number of recipes for that week to stay on track and it took a long time to find things I wanted to try. Overall, we enjoyed the project and were glad we did it.
I have been asked about what some of our favorite recipes were. It is so hard to choose, but here are some thoughts.
The recipe we have repeated the most times is cabbage salsa.
Our favorite drink recipe was blackberry sage spritzers.
The fudge recipe we liked the best was Christmas fudge.
Our favorite bread recipe was Russian black bread.
We made a lot of good main dishes, so I'm not going to choose a favorite of those, but here are some top choices:
Grilled Pork Chops
Orange Chicken
Grilled Shrimp and Apple Skewers
Summer Italian Marinade
Chicken Satay
Our biggest flop was pate de fruits, but the recipe we disliked the most was probably chilled cucumber yogurt soup, although makeover spinach salad dressing was a close second.
So there it is; a year in recipes. It was a great way to celebrate being 30. Now on to 31...
First Three Months
Second Three Months
Third Three Months
We tried a total of 120 new recipes in the past year. It was fun to get to try so many new things and find recipes that we both enjoyed. I'm sure we will continue to be adventurous in our cooking and eating. I think the biggest difficulty I had during this project was trying to find recipes. Of course, sometimes I had things marked or saved, but there were days when I needed a certain number of recipes for that week to stay on track and it took a long time to find things I wanted to try. Overall, we enjoyed the project and were glad we did it.
I have been asked about what some of our favorite recipes were. It is so hard to choose, but here are some thoughts.
The recipe we have repeated the most times is cabbage salsa.
Our favorite drink recipe was blackberry sage spritzers.
The fudge recipe we liked the best was Christmas fudge.
Our favorite bread recipe was Russian black bread.
We made a lot of good main dishes, so I'm not going to choose a favorite of those, but here are some top choices:
Grilled Pork Chops
Orange Chicken
Grilled Shrimp and Apple Skewers
Summer Italian Marinade
Chicken Satay
Our biggest flop was pate de fruits, but the recipe we disliked the most was probably chilled cucumber yogurt soup, although makeover spinach salad dressing was a close second.
So there it is; a year in recipes. It was a great way to celebrate being 30. Now on to 31...
No comments:
Post a Comment