It's my birthday and what a fun day it has been. Things started off with a bang when I came out to have breakfast and my flatmates shouted "happy birthday!" When we got to school, my class sang happy birthday to me. We got out of school early, which wasn't for my birthday, but was still nice.

Kaelyn and Pa were waiting at our flat with flowers for me when I got home, it was such a pleasant surprise. They are beautiful and smell so sweet. Darrin made me grilled cheese and fries for lunch, with some of his treasured American cheese that Lisa brought over for him. I also had some strawberries that were tasty. After lunch I opened the presents my family sent me.

There was a package in there of paper doll bodies and balloon heads and we had fun blowing up the balloons and attaching them to the bodies.

It was really cute, all my family members were there and they got to open presents with me.

I liked all my presents and it was fun to get to open them.

So a big thank you to my family, it was great to celebrate with you.

Everyone in my family called me throughout the afternoon and evening and it was so good to talk to all of them. It was fun to get so many phone calls, plus I got a lot of happy wishes on Facebook. Ashley and I enjoyed baking cheesecake for our dinner celebration tomorrow.

We had to approximate because we have no measuring spoons or cups and the ingredients came in sizes that weren't helpful. But I think it is going to be good and it was fun to get to bake.

Darrin, Ashley, and I had a quiet dinner and enjoyed a nice conversation. Ashley and I finished the evening with popcorn and hot chocolate while we watched American Idol and Paris Hilton's British Best Friend.

The whole day was full of good wishes and I felt special the whole time. It was a good birthday.
3 comments:
It sure does look like it was a good day! And how fun that it is going to be extended to tomorrow when you have your big dinner!!
Sarah, you are very special, I'm glad it was a good day! Love, Mom
I'm glad you had such a good day, and still have your special dinner tonight.
Post a Comment