We went on our Mrs. Dalloway walk today and it was beautiful, sunny and warm.

Our walk took us through a shopping area, by Buckingham Palace and over to Westminster. Walking through Green Park was beautiful, there were tons of daffodils blooming in the sunshine.

When we got to Buckingham Palace, it was just in time for the changing of the guards; we actually got a better view of the band than when we tried to see it on Friday.

Next, we walked over to Westminster and got there just in time

to hear Big Ben strike and "the leaden circles dissolved in the air". It was a pleasant walk. I went from there to Hillsong for church. Immanuel Jal was there today, it was interesting to hear his story. He was a child soldier in Sudan and was rescued by a lady named Emma and has put his story and desire for peace into the hip hop music he writes and is working to build a school in his hometown and in general working to help the people, especially the children, of Sudan. He seemed like a quality guy who is passionate about his relationship with God and working to make the world a better place. I was tired when I came home and was glad to have something to eat and work on reading the next book for our literature class, "The Girls of Slender Means". The rest of the afternoon was thankfully relaxing.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good day.
Sarah, I'm glad you had some sunshine and daffodils. Sounds like a pretty good day overall except being tired and still having to read! Love, Mom
Post a Comment