It was our week to make Sunday dinner at my parents' house today. I had seen a recipe for lemon bars in my Taste of Home, so we thought that would be a nice dessert to have with our Maui burgers.
Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
3/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups plus 3 T all-purpose flour, divided
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
Additional confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1 1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until topping is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
I like my lemon bars nice and lemony, so I went ahead and put a teaspoon of lemon zest in too. I was glad I had because, even with the addition, the lemon bars were not as lemony as I like them. They were pretty good though, and had great texture.

1 comment:
Those lemon bars were GOOD!
Post a Comment