Sunday, January 5, 2014

Roasted Greek Potatoes

I decided to once again break a well known rule of entertaining by trying a new recipe last night when we had our friends, Ben and Juana, over for dinner. This was our eighth new recipe. I made Roasted Greek Potatoes and they turned out quite well. Halfway through baking them I realized I hadn't planned things well because I needed to cook chicken at the same time but at a lower temperature. Oops. I went with the lower temperature and let the potatoes cook longer for the second half and that turned out just fine, but I think they might have crisped up a bit more at the higher temperature. I also think they could have used more salt. The recipe said to salt to taste so I had no idea how much to put on initially; if I make these again (which is likely) I'll plan to measure the salt and try to find a specific amount that we are happy with. Otherwise, I liked them. I thought the combination of garlic, lemon juice, and oregano worked well together and they were easy to make. Our guests liked them too and didn't mind being taste testers; they might even return the favor!

No comments: