Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fudge Number Four

I made more fudge! This was our sixth new recipe and was given to me by my friend, Kristy.


D.-K.'s Fudge

3 C sugar
1/2 C butter
1 1/2 C evaporated milk
14 oz mini marshmallows
4 C semisweet chocolate mini-chips
 1 t vanilla
3 C chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or brazil nuts (filler)

Carefully heat and stir over medium burner, sugar, butter, milk, and marshmallows until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Continue to stir for an additional 5 minutes, being careful not to splash. Quickly add chips and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add filler. Pour into buttered mold. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from mold and decorate.


I realized as I typed this out that it doesn't say when to remove from the heat, but I did that after the five minutes and before adding the chocolate chips and vanilla. This fudge had great flavor. It also had a soft set, I don't know if that is typical of the recipe or if I just didn't cook it long enough. It wasn't so soft that it was hard to eat or melting everywhere, just softer than I prefer. Overall, I was happy with it. And I took it to the New Year's Party, which made other people happy too.

No comments: