Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday Times Two

Ashley, Charity, Darrin, Lisa, and I went to the changing of the guard in front of Buckingham Palace today. We got there right before it started, so there were already tons of people and we couldn't see much. It was kind of cool, but disappointing. As we headed through the park afterwards, we saw a group of tourists surrounding a squirrel and taking pictures. It was funny. We continued down to Piccadilly Circus and ate at Pizza Hut for lunch. Pizza Hut here is a sit down restaurant. We got the lunch buffet that included pizza, pasta, and salad. It was good. When we got home, it was time to work on our second theatre review. Ashley and I shut ourselves in our room and went crazy trying to write. Too much high stress writing in too little time for non-English majors. Especially when we want to enjoy our last three weeks in another country! Anyway, we had my birthday dinner tonight. Darrin made ribs, we also had corn-on-the-cob, garlic bread, salad, and soup. I had gotten Jack Daniels BBQ sauce because I knew it would be good since that is what we use at home; however, I was wrong. It tasted weird, we mixed it with another BBQ sauce and honey and that made it better. The dinner overall was good. We had cheesecake for dessert and it was delicious. The Oreo crust worked well and Ashley's family recipe was a success once again.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, that cheesecake covered with strawberries looks great! I'm glad it was a success.

Thor said...

I'm sooo glad we finally got to make that cheesecake! Props to the bakers of the flat!

-Ashley