Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Our class wore green today for St. Patrick's day, although it was a small group since a lot of people went out of town to celebrate. The funny thing was that all of my flat was there, but only 1 person from flat 2 and 2 people from flat 4. After school I went with Darrin and Charity to Spitalfield Market because they had a St. Patrick's celebration going on that sounded fun. However, when we got there we were disappointed because there wasn't much happening and they didn't even have any food. We walked around the area looking for some food and finally ended up at a pub. It was packed full of business men in suits so we felt like we didn't fit in, but we got drinks and crisps (chips). Then we came back to our neighborhood and got Chinese food. At our flat again, I took a nap. For dinner we went to the Free House, which is a pub by Farringdon tube station. Ashley had her first Guinness beer and had a bit of trouble with it, but she finished it. I tried some too, it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't good either. My meal was a jacket potato with chili and a mint bomb. The mint bomb was mint ice cream with a chocolate center and a chocolate shell, it was so good. After finishing at the Free House, we went to the Hat and Tun where Romeo gave us St. Patrick's Day hats. Ashley got her second Guinness and I got a white Russian, I was feeling multicultural. Darrin had a Guinness mustache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum Guinness. It's so strong it fights you all the way down.