Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oliver!

We wrote poems in class this morning about we are from. I had a bad attitude about it, but it ended up being pretty easy because we just had to fill out a worksheet and the result were neat. It was fun to hear everyone read theirs and find out a little about their childhoods. I thought I would share mine here, keep in mind this was written in about 10 minutes following a set format.

Where I’m From

I am from the blocks and ponies on the bedroom floor, bunk beds, the lamps from the ‘70s that looked like golden fluffy ladies skirts, the flowers our neighbor threw over his fence that we used to make “Kool-aid”, the leaky shed roof.

I am from funnel cakes for our birthdays, banana pancakes, Thanksgiving yams, air-popped popcorn, muddy buddies, macaroni & cheese, rainbow Jello on the 4th of July.

I am from Ephesians 4:29, Sarah Beara, “You’ve seen one canyon, you’ve seen them all”, good night Sarah, I love you, Trust and Obey.

I am from Grandpa, sisters, Louise Irene, Dad and Mom, cousins, Grandpa Lyle and Grandma Jay, Grandma.

I am from those moments, beneath the white petals falling from the tree in the backyard.


After school and lunch, we went to the Texas Embassy while the cleaning ladies were here. It was fun because our whole flat (plus Shane) went and we don't do much as a flat anymore so it was cool to have everyone together. We had just had lunch, so we got drinks and nachos. When we left, Ashley and I went to Camden Market and did some shopping. It was nice because it wasn't too crowded there and we could walk around without bumping into everyone. We got back to our flat in time to have some food and then head to the Theatre Royal for our last theatre class performance. We got to see Oliver! and it was a fun show. Our seats were bad, we had to sit forward and lean the whole time to see anything, but with all the trouble John went through to get us tickets, we were grateful to get to see it at all. The sets, actors, and music were great. Here we are in front of the poster with Fagin. If he looks familiar, it's because he's Rowan Atkinson, also known as Mr. Bean.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sarah, your poem made me teary. Will you send me the format?

I loved Oliver! when we saw it, I'm sure you had fun.

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Yeah I got a little misty as well.