We started off Thanksgiving with the annual Race Against Hunger in downtown Visalia. Dad and Mom were planning to walk with all the grandkids, but at the last minute Micah decided to run with us. Jonah took the above picture right as the horn sounded to start the race!
The runners after the race.
Later in the day, we all gathered at Dad and Mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I got to fold the napkins.
Jonah made a turducken! I was so impressed. It turned out beautifully.
Heather brought the green bean casserole.
I got to wear the new Thanksgiving apron that Gayle gave me.
We all spent the night and enjoyed playing the new Atari Flashback set. Friday morning we had waffles for breakfast. Then Heather and the kids did a Thanksgiving performance they had prepared. First, there was a poem, then Natalie, Micah, and Evan took turns playing the Doxology. At the end, all four of them played together and we sang along.
We headed up to Modesto and had Thanksgiving with everyone there on Saturday. I got to help set the table. I love how table turned out with the bougainvillea and greenery. I wasn't sure what I thought when Gayle brought them in because they aren't Thanksgiving colors, but it all came together and ended up looking festive and beautiful.
Dave brined and smoked the turkey. Wow, it looked and tasted great. We got to try turducken and a smoked turkey in the same year and both were delicious.
What better way to end a post than with some pictures of our adorable niece, Solace?





























No comments:
Post a Comment