Saturday, January 4, 2014

Peasant Bread and Seafood

 I made Peasant Bread to go with our dinner last night, recipe number seven. We wanted to celebrate the great score Joshua got on his GRE test (which really was fabulous, I'm so proud of him) and Midtown gave me a Save Mart gift card at Thanksgiving, so we decided to put it to good use. We bought fresh mussels, clams, and shrimp and had a seafood feast. I made the bread to go with it and everything turned out delicious. The bread was easy to make and tasted great. It had a crunchy crust and a soft airy inside. Great flavor, but lighter than a more typical yeast bread. Joshua decided to get in on the action by trying a new recipe for the steamed mussels and clams. They were delicious and he thought they were pretty easy to make too. It was a wonderful feast.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great idea for the celebration dinner and congrats on your score, Josh!