Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Complicit

We saw our second play for our theatre class tonight at the Old Vic Theatre. It was a cool theatre, bigger than the Tricycle, but still not huge. The seating was terrible though; we had a bar in the middle of our view, the seats were uncomfortable and you couldn't lean back, and there was no leg room, which was especially problematic for Ashley, who is tall. The play was Complicit, it is set in post-911 America and is about a journalist who has to appear before a grand jury because of a book he wrote. It was interesting and raised some interesting questions that I'm still thinking about. I'm not sure yet what I thought about the play, but it was well done. Richard Dreyfuss is the journalist and played the part well. Plus, it was cool to see someone I recognized perform in the theatre. This is a picture of our flat arriving at the theatre.

1 comment:

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

Hmmm theatres in London aren't quite what we expected so far...