We got to go to the National Gallery today for our art class. This time we had more of an introduction and we all met at the gallery and got audio guides. We had a list of images that we had to find, but we got to wander around. There were some amazing paintings there, including pieces by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Da Vinci,

Rembrandt, Vermeer, Caravaggio, Monet, Seurat, Cezanne, Manet, and Van Gogh. Unfortunately, the Arnolfini Portrait by van Eyck was out of the gallery and we were disappointed. When our teacher told us it wasn’t going to be there, a moan ran through the room; Ashley said the reaction was like someone was killing puppies in from of us. The other thing I was upset about was that they wouldn’t let us take any pictures, even without a flash. That almost ruined the experience for me, I didn’t feel like I could appreciate things without being able to take pictures and take some of it with me. Anyway, here’s a picture of the outside of the building at least and a fountain in Trafalgar Square in front of the National Gallery.
2 comments:
Sarah, I totally agree that if you don't get to take pictures, it's like you're missing a part of the experience! I really love the fountain picture, the sky is such a pretty color; did you do a long exposure to get the water to look soft? I tried to do that with the fountain outside of Disneyland, but I don't really know what I'm doing yet, so I just had to turn off the flash and had no more control than that. Anyway, what a great experience!
Awesome pictures Sarah!! I want one of the fountain to frame, seriously. I'm so glad you got to see what you did see even if you couldn't take pictures. That's when you have to let the art shape you on the inside, and that's how you take it with you. If that's any help.
Post a Comment