Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Going to Theatre

We had our second day of classes today then went to a market. It was not something I expected to find in London, it was like a punk La Bufadora. Most of what was there I did not find interesting, clothes and shoes and tattoos. But we did find one side street that had fruits and vegetables. That was nice and now we have fresh fruits and vegetables. When we got back Alicia and Juan made stir fry for dinner for all of us, then got ready for our first night at the theatre. It was out in a neighborhood that seemed a bit shady and the Tricycle Theatre was really small, but I had a good seat. The play we saw was Joe Orton's "Loot". It was inappropriate a lot of the time, but some of it was funny. Overall, I was disappointed. After the play, our teachers abadoned us because "you guys came find your way home, right?" It was true, but a bit unappreciated. We got back to our flats about 10:45pm when we got back, so I quickly read a review for class the next day and then went to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's kind of lame.

Captain Whiffle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Whiffle said...

Oh. I didn't know you'd felt abandoned. To be honest, we hadn't eaten since breakfast, and we were starving, so we darted into the first restaurant we could find.

I'm enjoying your blog, by the way!