Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Checking for mail.

In honor of Barack Obama's inauguration and to revel their new figure of Obama, Madame Tussauds wax museum allowed Americans in for free. So we headed down to check it out. It was fun to see and take pictures; nice to do for free, but not something we would have paid for. They have their figures out and about and you just walk around and take pictures with them, it was kind of weird. Teresa, Laura, me, Rebecca, Ashley, Kim, Orlando, Courtney, Michelle, and Charity. Charity and I meeting the queen. It was weird to be in London for Obama's inauguration. There is a lot of propaganda around London and I have been surprised how much they are interested in our president here. There are posters, newspaper articles, and people talking all over. I realize that our president affects them too, but it still seems weird the extent of their interest. Something the pastor of Hillsong said on Sunday stuck with me, “I want to get a megaphone out and say, ‘What happens if you discover that Barak Obama is not Jesus?’” I'm not trying to say anything against President Obama and I pray that he would have wisdom to lead our country during his presidency, but I think it is important to remember that he is still just one man and it is individuals that God is working through who are going to make a difference in the world. Watching the inauguration in our flat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU'RE STANDING NEXT TO PAUL NEWMAN!!!!!!!!

Michelle Chandler-Trevino said...

It seems like it would be a bit creepy, all those real looking wax people hanging around.