We thought we were going to be late today for our fieldtrip to Westminster Abbey; and we were, but most of our group was even later. We went into Westminster as a group, but we didn't get a tour, so we walked around on our own. The cathedral was amazing, the architecture was beautiful and they had arches like I hadn't seen before. I want to find out what kind they are (I need Mrs. Sullivan). Unfortunatly, they wouldn't allow photography either, it is frustrating. I don't know how much more I can take. We saw where a lot of people are buired, like Isaac Newton, Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Mary I, Mary Queen of Scots, Charles Darwin, Jane Austin, William Wilberforce, and others. It was neat, but I was disappointed about not being able to take pictures. It was cold and rainy today, so we were all chilly walking around and were glad to get back to our flat. Ashley and I went by the Fryer's Delight to get lunch; I got scampi and chips, delicious.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Westminster Abbey
We thought we were going to be late today for our fieldtrip to Westminster Abbey; and we were, but most of our group was even later. We went into Westminster as a group, but we didn't get a tour, so we walked around on our own. The cathedral was amazing, the architecture was beautiful and they had arches like I hadn't seen before. I want to find out what kind they are (I need Mrs. Sullivan). Unfortunatly, they wouldn't allow photography either, it is frustrating. I don't know how much more I can take. We saw where a lot of people are buired, like Isaac Newton, Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Mary I, Mary Queen of Scots, Charles Darwin, Jane Austin, William Wilberforce, and others. It was neat, but I was disappointed about not being able to take pictures. It was cold and rainy today, so we were all chilly walking around and were glad to get back to our flat. Ashley and I went by the Fryer's Delight to get lunch; I got scampi and chips, delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks marvelous. :-)
How cool to get to see where all those people are buried! What a line up! That scampi sounds really good right now.
Post a Comment