Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

 Our Christmas this year was a little more low key than usual since so many people were sick. I was thankful that almost everyone was well enough to get together on Christmas, even though Bethany had to wear a mask since she is still coughing from a suspected case of pertussis and didn't want to risk infecting Solace.


 We started the day with tea of good tidings and cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs to order, and freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast. The rest of the family joined us to open gifts.



Laura and I drew each other for the gift exchange. Among other things, we both got the other Oreos and peanut butter, which was a favorite snack to eat together when we were roommates at Calvin Crest back in 2005, our first summer on staff.


Around lunch time, we headed down to Visalia and arrived at my parents' house mid-afternoon. I realized that I didn't take any pictures while we were there, so the following are ones that I took from Heather's blog. 

My family drew names this year also. I thought it was fitting for this Christmas that Michelle got Joshua Pandemic, a game about trying to prevent diseases from spreading all over the world. We had a delicious ham dinner and enjoyed being cozy in front of the fire to finish off the day.

No comments: