Friday, December 20, 2013

Roasted Garlic Pizza

We went to see the new Hobbit movie this afternoon. Since I know it would already be dinnertime when we got back, I thought I should plan an easy meal that we could quickly have ready. I decided to make pizza and planned to buy pizza dough from WinCo, throw on some sauce, cheese, and toppings, then have it in the fridge ready to bake when we returned. Simple. But then WinCo didn't have any pizza dough, so I made it from scratch instead and decided to roast garlic to put on the pizza, along with some sauteed mushrooms, bacon, and freshly picked spinach. Needless to say, it ended up being more of a project than I intended, but we ended up with a great pizza and two new recipes.


I used this recipe for the pizza dough, which was recipe number three. I was pretty happy with the short amount of time it needed to rise and the way it turned out. I had to add a ton of extra flour and it was still really soft and difficult to work with, but once I got it tossed the baking went well and it tasted like pizza crust. I also made roasted garlic for the first time, which was my fourth recipe. That was easy and turned out well and was a great addition to the pizza.

No comments: